Thank you for your interest in being part
of the Rotary Club of Tampa!
An individual who is interested in joining the Rotary Club of Tampa attends 1-3 Club luncheons as a guest to become acquainted with Club members and with the Club’s activities. Once ready to commit to active membership, the applicant secures a member as their “proposer,” and this member submits an endorsement on the applicant’s behalf and gives them an electronic application to complete. Both the application and endorsement are submitted to the board of directors. Once approved, the applicant attends an orientation event and makes a volunteer and financial commitment to the Club. They are then introduced to membership at a weekly luncheon.
New Member Activities
In a Club as large and active as ours, it is important that new members participate in activities that get them engaged and help them to meet members of the Club. A new member wears a red name badge until these activities are completed and then is presented with a blue badge. These include:
- Attend Rotary education program hosted by club mentorship committee
- Greet members at the button board at least 2 meeting times
- Attend one Club Board meeting as an observer
- Serve as assistant Sergeant-at-Arms at guest or member check in for 2 meetings
- Attend another Rotary club meeting in our area
- Attend a club community service project
- Choose a committee upon which to serve